How To Find An On Campus Job
Even though on-campus jobs may not pay well as off-campus jobs, they can be a good way to make extra money within the student community while building on your work experience. In this article, I will show the most effective ways to find an on-campus job
First, let’s discuss the benefits of an on-campus job.
Benefits Of An On-campus Job Employment
On-campus jobs are student-friendly opportunities to work manageable hours and earn a little extra cash. The hours are usually flexible, and you’re able to work around your class schedule.
On-campus jobs are less stressful.
How Many Hours Can You Work In An On-campus Job
Many universities in the US and UK recommend students to work within 10-20 hours per week during an academic term. So most on-campus jobs in these countries employ students on a part-time basis.
How To Get An On-campus Job Employment
- Check with your school’s career development, student’s employment office or website for open on-campus job positions.
- Utilise networking. Ask your friends, lecturers, seniors etc. whether they know of any open on-campus job position.
- Post ads in public places or websites showing what job or service you are ready to render on campus for some cash.
- Sign up for any volunteering opportunity in Student life office or any office on campus. Volunteering can give you an opportunity to meet the bosses at various sectors of the university which can be a good opportunity to ask for any paid job position on campus.
- Use the knock-on-door strategy to search for open job positions.