The Rolex Scholarship For International Students 2013
Rolex Scholarship Description
The Rolex Scholarship provides a hands-on introduction to underwater and other aquatic-related endeavors for a young person considering a career in an underwater-related discipline.
One scholar is chosen from North America, Europe, or Australasia and each scholar spends about one year working side by side with current leaders in the underwater fields. Scholars pursue activities in their preferred disciplines during the one-year period between Our World Underwater Scholarship Society annual spring meetings.
The global underwater community sees the selected North American, European, and Australasian scholars as people with the potential to make significant contributions to the underwater world even though they may not have chosen a specific career path yet.
Course Level: Graduate studies.
Scholarship Provider: Our World — Underwater Scholarship Society.
Study Subject(s): Education, Science, Publishing, Medicine, Manufacturing, Photography, Management, Expeditions, Government, Tourism, Commercial and Research Diving, Ecological Activism.
Rolex Scholarship can be taken at: North America, Europe, and Australasia.
Rolex Scholarship Amount: North American Rolex Scholarship is $25,000, for the European Rolex Scholarship the amount is £16,000 and for the Australasian Scholarship Aus $30,000.
Rolex Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum age of 21 and maximum age of 26 at the time of the application deadline (December 31).
- Valid citizenship for the relevant Rolex Scholarship (North America, Europe, and Australasia).
- Applicant has not yet earned a graduate degree by April 1st of the scholarship year and has not yet chosen a clearly defined career path.
- High academic standing.
- Fluency in English.
- Certification as a Rescue Diver or equivalent with a minimum of 25 dives logged in the past two years
- Evidence of adequate health insurance for duration of scholarship year.
- Submission of a completed diving medical examination form which is found in the application.
- If you are chosen as a scholar, you will be required to pass a NOAA or equivalent physical.
How do I apply? Click here to apply.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes.
Rolex Scholarship Application Deadline: December 31, 2012 North American Application(to be considered for the 2013 scholarship). December 31, 2012. European Application(to be considered for the 2013 scholarship). January 31, 2013 Australasian Application(to be considered for the 2013 scholarship).
Read more about this scholarship