To download or view the new SAT Biology syllabus, click the link below.
Table of Contents
- Physics SAT Syllabus
- Chemistry SAT Syllabus
- Mathematics Level 1 SAT Syllabus
- SAT Mathematics Level 2 Syllabus
About the SAT Biology syllabus 2016-2017
The SAT Biology syllabus (2015) contains a detailed outline of topics prospective SAT Biology test takers should cover before they write the test. The SAT Biology syllabus is set by the College Board, an organization that administers the SAT.
The SAT Biology syllabus is meant to ensure consistency between schools. It enables teachers to know what must be taught, and what is not required.
About the SAT Biology test
The SAT Biology subject test is a 60 multiple choice examination with 80 questions. It measures your understanding of the major concepts of Biology and your ability to use these principles to solve specific problems.
The SAT Biology Subject Test is meant for those interested in majoring in pre-medicine, pharmacy or science related subjects.
Taking the SAT Biology subject test would help showcase your interest, and ability in that subject. Therefore, this could give you an advantage over other applicants in the application pool. It could also give you an opportunity to earn college credits.
You should know whether the university you want to apply to recommends or requires undergraduate applicants to take the SAT subject tests.
- The SAT Biology subject test is offered in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, May and June *Calculator use is not permitted.
- Problem solving may requires simple numerical calculations (you need to know Algebra, trigonometry, etc) .
- Measurements are expressed according to the metric system.
- Experience in the laboratory is recommended.
- Take Biology E(Ecological) if you are comfortable answering questions about biological communities, populations and energy flow.
- Take Biology M(Molecular) if are comfortable answering questions about biochemistry, cellular structure and processes, such as respiration and photosynthesis.
- Fill the appropriate section on your answer sheet for the test you have chosen and make sure you indicate whether it’s Biology E or Biology M.
- You cannot take both tests on the same test date, but you can take them on two different test dates.
- The SAT Biology subject test reflects what is normally taught in high school. However, due to differences in high school, you may find questions in topics you are not familiar with. This is nothing to worry about. You do not have to get every question correct to receive a perfect score (800) for the test. Many students do well despite not having studied every topic covered.